Technical Expert – Agriculture and Allied – Nalanda
About Oxfam :
Oxfam India (OIN) is a movement of people working to end discrimination and create a free and just society.
We work to ensure that Adivasis, Dalits, Muslims, Women & Girls, and Informal Sector Workers have violence free lives with freedom to speak their mind, equal opportunities to realise their rights, and a discrimination free future. We research to find lasting solutions to end rising inequalities and exclusion of marginalized communities from getting decent jobs, quality free education and healthcare. We campaign with the public to demand policy changes from governments for creating a just and inclusive country as envisioned in the Indian Constitution. We mobilise support to save, protect and rebuild lives of the poorest of poor affected by crisis and humanitarian disasters.
By putting the rights of marginalized at the heart of everything we do, we work to create a discrimination-free India where everyone lives a life of dignity, free from injustice and inequality. Since 2008, we have changed lives of millions of people not just in our six focus states—Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Assam—but also across India. We are also part of the Oxfam global confederation with affiliates in 21 countries fighting together to build a better world.
Oxfam has been in India since 1951. It first came to India to respond to Bihar famine. In 2008, Oxfam India became an independent affiliate and an Indian NGO. Oxfam India is an autonomous Indian organisation and has staff and board members from within India. Government of India has registered Oxfam India as a non-profit organisation under Section 8 of the Indian Companies Act, 2013.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Job Title: Technical Expert – Agriculture and Allied
Department: Community Empowerment
Level / Pay Band:
Contract: Co-terminus with the Project
Reports To: Project Officer
Scope of Position:
This is a field-level position for Oxfam India, responsible for supporting the HDFC funded project. Holistic Rural Development Programme (HRDP) is a part of HDFC Bank’s CSR initiatives with ‘Creating Sustainable Communities’ as its underlying philosophy.
The Project will aim to ‘Create Sustainable Communities’ by enhancing sustainable livelihood options and improving access to essential services.
The incumbent will be responsible to implement the project in project district of Bihar. S/he will be working with Oxfam India team, community institutions and other stakeholders and responsible for successful execution of the project.
S/he will be primarily responsible for provide technical support on agriculture productivity enhancement, Livestock Management; Goat rearing, diary, poultry, market linkage, Development, organic farming etc. at field level with involvement of the community, Conceptualizing capacity building programs on sustainable agriculture development for farmers. Facilitate farm-based livelihood development activities, Liasoning with line department at cluster level and establishing linkage with other stakeholders.
• To Work in conjunction with the project implementation team and implementing partner.
• Accountable towards development of organic farming etc. at field level with involvement of the community.
• Conceptualizing capacity building programs on sustainable agriculture development for farmers.
• Facilitate farm-based livelihood development activities such as goat rearing, livestock management, poultry and other allied Agri -business models.
• To monitor and provide support in field implementation.
• Farmers Field School Development, organic farming etc. at field level with involvement of the community
• Facilitate farm-based livelihood development activities like commercial cropping
• To inculcate elements of business orientation among PGs, FPOs, entrepreneurs by way of intensive orientation.
• To develop a clear strategy towards formation of vibrant rural business clusters.
• To establish Business / market linkage.
• To counsel and guide prospective Agri-entrepreneurs on their business idea and support them by developing a bankable business plan.
• To create awareness and encourage local entrepreneurs to start Agri-enterprises towards strengthening rural economy.
• To produce quality field reports and documentation etc. for internal and external communication purposes.
• MIS and reporting as per monitoring framework of the project.
• To conduct periodic review and planning meeting with project implementation team.
• Liaison with line departments.
• To actively participate in and contribute to all team processes leading to programme development, management and effective functioning of the team s/he is part of.
• To contribute to the regional team goal by working effectively as a team player adopting collaborative & consultative ways of working
• To assist Project Manager/ Finance Officer/Regional Manager in performing other responsibilities as and when required.
Skill and Competence :
• Post Graduate in agribusiness/agriculture or related discipline.
• Substantial knowledge and experience in the development field (at least 3-4 years)
• Experience in implementing complex projects
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong analytical skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team
• Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Hindi
• Adept at using online and offline communication tools and quick at learning new online tools
• Should be a self-starter, have good negotiation skills and a sense of humour
• Physical fitness for travel and a willingness for sustained fieldwork.
• Ability to facilitate interaction between development practitioners at various levels
• Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues
• Strong interpersonal skills to work as part of a team
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India.
Travel: Willingness to travel and undertake sustained fieldwork as per requirement of the particular position.
Date Issued: 2 May 2022
Last date for application: 19 June 2022
Approved By: Pankaj Anand .
1. All applicants should apply on https://www.oxfamindia.org/careers
2. All applicants should attach the CV (file name should be candidates First name).
3. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.