Upper Age Limit:
No. of Positions:
Associate Director WASSAN
Period of Contract:
The contract will be for a period of 2 years, renewable for another year subject to satisfactory performance and project period extension. The engagement can be cancelled / terminated for any non-performance in duties, misconduct or without assigning any reason thereof.
WASSAN- (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad is a network-based organization focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. It engages actively in policy advocacy initiatives at state and national level mainly related to rainfed areas. WASSAN has contributed substantially to development of watershed policies in various states and at Government of India. WASSAN is also working with various partners in different States as part of RRA Network on rainfed agriculture related agenda.
WASSAN is partners with the Government of Odisha for the Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas. This is being implemented in 125 blocks of 19 districts of Odisha. The project aims to improve millet production through organic/sustainable agriculture practices, set up processing units, provide market linkages through farmer collectives and include millets in state nutrition programmes.
We now need someone who can undertake following tasks:
1. Will coordinate with DA & FE, APICOL and partner agency for timely implementation of the scheme
2. Will coordinate with staffs in PMU towards achieving the deliverables of the PMU
3. Will proceed with the Govt./APICOL for necessary approvals under the project
4. Will coordinate and ensure various convergences and licensing/ regulations under AEPS along with APICOL and Govt.
5. Will coordinate with financial institutions for linkage under AEPS scheme
6. Will create and conduct monitoring mechanisms under the schemes
MBA/PGDM from recognized institute (Minimum work experience of 4 years around leading enterprise promotion projects in Govt./NGOs)
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture and allied sectors (Min work experience of 5 years around leading enterprise promotion projects in Govt./NGOs)
Desired Candidate Profile:
1. Should have at least 4 years of total experiences and minimum 2 years of experience in Leadership roles.
2. Should have demonstrable experience of liaising with State Government officials. Experience in management, administration and liaising projects at state level is a mandatory criterion.
3. Should have knowledge of project planning and coordination with inter & intra departments.
4. Should have good understanding of project accounts and finances.
5. Should possess strong presentation and articulation skills (both verbal and written). Ability to speak fluently in English and Hindi is a must. Knowledge of Odia will be an added advantage.
6. Should be willing to work out of Bhubaneswar or any other regional location.
7. Should be willing to work as per Odisha holiday calendar. Should be willing to work on holidays and long hours as per the requirement of the project.
8. Should be very motivated and be a team player. Should be willing to be flexible with location and work timings. Has strong interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and has an experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
9. Should be willing to learn concepts and become skilled to meet the organizational needs.
65,000 to 70,000 per month (CTC) based on experience; deduction shall be based on the organization norms.
Interested People may apply through the link: https://forms.gle/dHGdFmvQp347M3Ac9 before 15th June 2022.
*WASSAN is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply.
*WASSAN retains the right to withdraw the advertisement at any point in time without any further notice or explanation.