International Development Enterprises (India)
International Development Enterprises (India)– is a Social Enterprise that works with the vision of providing long-term solutions to poverty, hunger & malnutrition. IDEI is currently working in 4 states in India directly and 2 state in partnership with Private Sector for economic growth of smallholder farmers through promoting innovative and low-cost solutions and integrating them into market systems. IDEI has till date, impacted lives of more than 1.5 million small holder households, thereby impacting the lives of more than 7 Million.
Position: Crop Productivity Coordinators
No of Positions: 05
Location: Jalpaiguri, Coochbehar, Alipurduar, Uttar Dinajpur and Malda districts of West Bengal (5 Positions)
Emolument: As per industry standards and will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Reporting to: Regional Program Coordinator
Age: between 28- 35 years.
Language: Bengali, and English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
Education Graduate in Agriculture with 2-4 year experience in extensive Vegetable promotion and market linkages and extension work.
Description: IDEI requires competent personnel as crop productivity coordinators (CPC) who will look after the program in several villages in different districts of West Bengal.
- Implementing program in the identified villages.
- Identifying, engaging and training the Agriculture Extension Workers (AES)
- Provide leadership and guidance to 4-6 AESs and supervise their work
- Help in developing and implementing the program- identified high value crops along with detailed package of practices and cultivation practices;
- Support in conducting agricultural extension work;
- Help in identifying and promoting package of practices in different vegetable crops; market linkages;
- Help in identifying potential farmers and conduct activities;
- Help in establishing and strengthening supply chain (agri-related)
- To help in maintaining and managing all the information and database related to the program and submit all required reports and documents to the concerned persons within the organization timely;
- To help in collecting data for various surveys.
Must have good understanding/ hands on experience of vegetable cultivation; Must have experience of engaging in agricultural extension work; Must have initiative and confidence to work independently based on guidance received; Ability to effectively interact with farmers and villagers; Ability to plan the work efficiently; Good written and verbal communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Knowledge of MS Office; Must own a two-wheeler with driving license, smart phone, and Laptop.
Kindly send updated resume mentioning preferred location to email@example.com within 30 days of the advertisement.