|MANAGER, SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPES AND RESTORATION
Data Analysis & Technical Research New Delhi, IndiaManager – Sustainable Landscapes and RestorationInstitution OverviewWorld Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.Position Overview:
WRI India’s Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration (SLR) program aims to protect, maintain, and restore landscapes to secure livelihoods of 700 million people directly dependent on forests and agriculture and strengthen India’s environmental well-being. Our aim is that landscapes in India are governed fairly and managed well. To achieve this vision of landscape restoration as a critical nature-based solution (NbS) we are seeking an exceptional candidate who can support research and partnership development. The candidate must have a post graduate degree in environmental science, natural resource management, development studies, or other related field with at least 8 or more years of work experience, at least 3 of which is in a project coordination role.
Key responsibilities will include project planning, coordination, and reporting, developing research and analytical frameworks for projects, facilitating engagement with partners and stakeholders at national and sub-national levels, research driven communication, raising the profile of SLR, and supporting overall programme development and strategy. The candidate is expected to bring strong organizational skills and be comfortable with interdisciplinary, inter-programmatic, and geographically dispersed teams. The position is most suited to an individual willing to take on the challenge of a new, fast growing, and developing programme of work. The position holder must be willing to travel within the country, including in remote areas with difficult terrain, when it’s safe to do so.
Research and communication – 50%
• Taking charge of emerging research areas and analytical tasks (e.g., like key policy incentives for landscape restoration, carbon estimations), demonstrating resourcefulness in completing them on time, with rigor, and high quality.
• Communicating ideas effectively verbally and in writing and representing WRI India’s work in internal meetings and external conferences.
Project management – 15%
• Planning for, coordinating, and reporting on activities under on-going and future grants of the SLR programme in India to ensure timely delivery of outputs. This includes coordinating activities of sub-grantees as well as external consultants.
• Systematically tracking the outcomes and impacts of WRI’s landscape restoration work in India.
Developing partnerships – 20%
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key partner organizations including research centers, universities, NGOs and implementing partners throughout India and internationally, to expand WRI’s influence in India.
• Liaising across the restoration, climate change, water, energy and cities programmes of WRI India to develop synergetic approaches.
Programme Development – 15%
• Supporting different activities of the programme including formulating of a strategy for ambitious and innovative growth, participating in proposal writing and development functions, recruitment of talent as well as mentoring and supervising interns and other early career professionals.
• Participating in shaping of a collegial, quality driven and professional programme of work.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Master’s Degree in natural sciences, natural resource management, geography, forestry, development studies or public policy.
• At least 8 years of full time, post-study experience of working in inter-disciplinary, results oriented teams. At least 3 years of experience in a project management role involving planning, coordination, financial management, monitoring and reporting.
• Articulate, versatile, highly skilled researcher with exceptional writing and strong oral communications skills
• Demonstrable skills of engagement with government, private, and civil society stakeholders at national and state levels.
• Good oral and written communication skills suitable for diverse stakeholders including local communities, governments, business sector and non-government organizations.
• Fluency in spoken and written English as well as one additional Indian language. Knowledge of Hindi an advantage.
• Ability to take initiative, juggle multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
• Deep understanding of Indian environmental and development issues as well as the institutional dynamics and key players in research, government, private sector, civil society.
• Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills
Location: Delhi, India
Potential Salary: 15,00,000 to 18,00,000 INR CTC Per Annum
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Full time Term staff – 3 years (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
• Cover Letter
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.