About Earthworm Foundation:
Earthworm Foundation is an international fast-growing and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 19 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
Beyond providing advice on the policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenge’s companies and communities face.
We are looking for a motivated Intern / Project Officer IN JODHPUR / JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN.
The position is initially based in Jodhpur/Jaipur and may be switch to other Indian locations as per the organization’s need and work.
If you love and respect the environment with excellent communication skills and are passionate about working with multi-stakeholders in complex business supply chains of different commodities, we would like to hear from you. We are an evolving entity in India and would welcome freshers to grow with us.
What We Offer:
Unique work experience in a global dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
The opportunity to get involved in complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different commodities.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a highly motivated Intern/Project officer
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Assessing Legality of wood and carrying out traceability related assessments;
- Conducting traceability visits at various nodes of factories i.e. manufacturing/seasoning vendors, trader, sawmill and farmer;
- Conducting virtual assessments and desktop-based assessment at various factories and nodes involved in the supply chain;
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to sites and build their capacity to implement it;
- Compilation of reports for carried out visits and assessments;
- Participation in different work-related webinars to gather the market information and current status of timber industry in country;
- Assistance in scoping and research of new products, Conducting risk assessments and document reviews;
- Assistance in Reviewing and innovate to make process cost and time efficient;
- Timely execute assigned tasks, members KPIs, Earthworm KPIs and provide field, desk, research.
- Masters of forestry/Wood or related subject;
- 0-2 Years of experience;
- Experience in wood and products related production units is a plus;
- Knowledge / experience about Forest certification;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Working knowledge of Business supply chains and its nodes functioning.
- Ability to communicate well in English both oral & written;
- Ability to work in team and under own initiative;
- Understanding of Chain of Custody or timber tracking is a plus;
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, resilience, and supply chains;
- Hands-on, practical, innovative;
- Knowledge of the Forestry, wood science, agricultural sector;
- Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
- A passion for solving problems and continuous improvement;
- Strong values related to the environment, rural farmers and the power of the private sector to enact change;
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and promote change is a constructive way.
- Fluent in English and Hindi (spoken and written);
- Fluent in local language will be added as on additional quality.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- City/State: Jodhpur/Jaipur, Rajasthan ;
- Ability to perform factory / field visits. Require moderate physical capacity to visit plantations and sawmills in rural areas.
- Immediate start;
- One-year full time contract, renewal on the performance and subject to project’s needs;
- Indian citizenship.
If the opportunity sounds interesting, pls send us your profile with a covering note on or before 25th of October’2021 at email@example.com.
We may not be able to acknowledge all the applications but in case if you are shortlisted, you will hear from us with in two weeks after the final submission date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and interested people from all caste, creed, religion, and gender can apply.
To know more about us, pls visit www.earthworm.org