Type of Job:
Technical Support and Coordination.Role:
Technical Support in preparation of estimates of polysheds, buildings, watershed structures, water pipeline grid and others along with capacity building and coordination with line dept.Locations:
District Headquarters– Southern & Western Odisha
No of Vacancies:
Period of Contract:
The contract will be for a period of 2 years renewable annually based on performance. Engagement can be cancelled / terminated for any Non-performance in duties, misconduct or without assigning any reason thereof.
Salary: Rs 25000 to Rs 30000 per month based on qualification and experience.
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999 is a network-based organization focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. WASSAN is partners with the Department of Agriculture & Farmers’ Empowerment, Government of Odisha in the implementation of “Special Programme for promotion of Integrated Farming in Tribal Areas” in districts of Malkangiri, Koraput, Rayagada, Nuapada and Gajapati. Key features of SPPIF are protective irrigation, promotion of improved agronomic practices, crop diversification and intercropping, soil health management, custom hiring centers to reduce drudgery, community managed seed systems, promotion of vegetable cultivation for nutrition security, streamlining vaccination systems, Goat Shelter and poultry night shelter development, breed farms of indigenous birds, localized production of suitable fingerlings/yearlings, promotion of FPOs, etc. with “farmer to farmer “learning forming core implementation strategy.
? The Project Officer will co-ordinate with NGOs, Community organisations and government officials in the villages of the project districts.
? The Project Officer will provide following support to Department/NGOs/CBOs
1. Technical Layout and Estimate Preparation for various irrigation/watershed structures/Buildings/Animal sheds/Farm ponds/pipeline irrigation systems, etc.
2. Execute and implement solar based irrigation projects.
3. Preparation of Water Security Plans, Crop Water Budgeting Plans, etc.
4. Timely completion of projects.
5. Training management, regular field visits and handholding support to NGOs wherever necessary
6. Reporting to team leader on daily project management – both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
7. Supporting the team leader in monthly review meetings with various stakeholders.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Subject Wise Criteria:
1. B Tech in Agriculture Engineering /Civil Engineering /Watershed/Water Resources Planning) with at least 2 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Agriculture/ Civil Engineering/ Water Resources.
2. In case of Diploma candidates, a minimum experience required is 4 years.
3. Proven capacity to understand structure drawing and utilisation of autocad/staad pro softwares.
4. Proven experience in design and preparation of estimates for NRM projects/Watershed Structures/MGNREGA. Experience on working with government projects will be preferred.
5. Proven experience of preparation of training modules on construction of watershed structures.
6. Should have good understanding power requirements, motor installation, water requirement estimation for the projects.
7. Should have experience in supporting drafting of engineering works related tenders in government projects.
8. Should have good experience in measurement book keeping for the engineering projects
9. Good knowledge on pressurised irrigation systems will be preferred.
10. Must have very good knowledge of MS Excel, MS- Word, MS-PPT and other computer applications.
1. Must have good speaking and writing skills in English and Odiya. Knowledge of Hindi will be added advantage.
2. Must be willing to travel extensively in the district and outside district as per organisation requirements
3. Must be flexible with working hours.
How to Apply
Interested People may apply to https://forms.gle/GTMHS5fwf2G1yAb6A
before 15th October 2021.
WASSAN is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply.
WASSAN retains the right to withdraw the advertisement at any point in time without any further notice or explanation