Nageshwara Charitable Trust
(Centre for Women and Rural Development)
Nageshwara Charitable Trust (NCT), Centre for Women and Rural Development, Nagpur an NGO mainly implementing NABARD sponsored projects / programmes requires Programme Manager in Gadchiroli district.
(Prospective Candidates are requested to read the eligibility carefully before applying)
Position: – Programme Manager -2
No. of Posts: – 2
Qualification: Master in Rural Development/ Social Science/MSW or MBA in Agri Business Management
Location: – Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra
Nageshwara Charitable Trust (NCT), Centre for Women and Rural Development is a not for profit organization, registered under Bombay Public Trust Act-1950 in 1999. Since its inception, NCT has embarked on a set of key initiatives focusing on capacity building, knowledge building, and citizen centric development for improving socio-economic status of deprived rural, women and tribal communities in underdeveloped regions of Central India such as Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh states. NCT works nationally on number of themes/issues such as Generation of Self-Employment, Women Empowerment, Tribal Development, Natural Resource Management and Environment; Promotion of Agriculture based Rural Livelihood, Promotion of Farmer Producer Organizations, Watershed Development, Health & sanitation, etc. To know more about NCT, please visit our website www.nageshwara.org
Applications are invited from persons having more than 5-7 years of experience of working with Farmer Producer Organization (FPO)/agriculture & horticulture related initiatives/projects
Key responsibilities for Programme Manager:-
- Lead the team in Gadchiroli & Chandrapur districts
- Overall responsibilities of implementation of Projects in Gadchiroli & Chandrapur districts
- Liasoning and maintain relations with the district administrations and all concern departments
- Supervision & Coordination for administrative activities for smooth operations of all FPOs and project offices within districts
- Make field visits and attend farmers’ group meetings, CBO meeting, FPO board meetings, etc.
- Ensure participation of farmers/SHG members and other stakeholders in different project activities
- Capacity building of Farmers/ BODs & CEOs/ FPO members through trainings and exposure visits for effective implementation of projects.
- Coordinated for fulfill all legal compliances of projects, government dept. & FPOs from time to time.
- Facilitate participatory planning/FPO business plan with involvement of all stakeholders
- Prepare progress reports and plans (Weekly/Monthly, Quarterly & Annual) around the project activities
- Establish linkages with Private and Govt. Agencies for both input and output marketing of FPO
- Support overall marketing & production activities of the FPOs and other projects being implemented by the trust in districts
- Be updated on new Govt. scheme related to the FPO and how the FPO can benefit from it
- Explore the new opportunities for trust and preparation of proposals.
- Any other tasks as required for furthering the interests of the FPO
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master in Rural Development/ Social Science/MSW or MBA in Agri-Business Management
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the areas of Agriculture projects/FPO projects/Agribusiness/Agri. Marketing/FPO Business & Marketing
- Good in community mobilization.
- Preferably below 35-40 years of age.
- Proven skills in Sales & Marketing, Management, Commodity market/ Agricultural trading.
- Documentation & Computer skills
- Proven skills in communication and negotiation and fluency in Marathi, Hindi and English (Marathi is compulsory for these posts)
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment and in collaboration with farmers
- Should be able to work on long term basis.
- Willingness to stay with family in project area.
Other terms and conditions:
- Initial appointment on a contract for 3 years, extendable for longer period on the basis of performance reviews.
- Candidates must have his/her own two wheelers/motorcycles to visit the field area/villages.
- Salary/Honorarium: Negotiable based on experience and qualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
The candidates having relevant qualification and at least 5-7 years of full time working experience need to apply and send their CV with cover letter & photograph email@example.com .
Please indicate the current and expected salary and the joining time required.