Role Name: Regional Managers – West (Pune) and North( Chandigarh)
Job location: Manager West -Pune
Manager North – Chandigarh
Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI):
Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) are apex national partnership establishments that bring together all the stakeholders – Government, Industry, Training Institutions and labour, for the common objective of skill development of work force for the respective industry sectors.
Agriculture Skills Council of India (ASCI) a section-8 company (not-for-profit) is expected to be the largest amongst all the SSCs setup by NSDC. ASCI proposes to train, certify and accredit 56.5 million workforce comprising of farmers, wage workers, entrepreneurs and extension workers, over 10 years through its training partners. which envisages active partnership with industry and meeting the milestones for ASCI.
The applicant will develop, implement and manage State partnership strategy which helps to fulfil ASCI’s strategic and fundraising objectives. The applicant will expand targeted new partnerships, manage and monitor day to day relationships for corporate partnerships and plan special events related to regional engagements.
• Developing Partnerships with various Departments of states Governments in the South and Central India on Agriculture Capacity Building (Horticulture, Dairy, Poultry, Fishery, Agro Forestry and Piggery) from Bangalore and Jaipur respectively
• Participate in lobby meetings with relevant state level institutions for skill development trainings for accredited vocational training programmes and share good practices.
• Identification of capable Training Providers/ Institutions which can be ideal TPs.
• May entail providing information and attending some meetings for / on behalf of sister Sector Skill Councils too.
• This involves working closely with the partners for the project in identifying the people working in informal sector who show an interest in being trained to upgrade their skills and liaise with skills building institutions at state and national level
• Supporting National Lead in case required
• Willing to travel for 7-10 days in each month
• Please note that ours is a Pan India Organization and you can be transferred to other Location (if required)
• A passion for engaging with the organisation’s members in all their guises; agreeing and delivering objectives by working alongside colleagues
• Expected to be aware of work pressures on other administrative colleagues and proactively offer to assist where their workload allows.
• It is important that candidates have the ability to think strategically and creatively, to plan, organise and manage, but they must also enjoy working at the grassroots level in engaging with volunteers.
• Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple demands, stretching targets and to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Be able to support diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
Graduate in any stream Agriculture / Allied Sector/ Forestry with MBA in Agri Business/ rural management Or Post Graduate in Agriculture/ Agriculture Engineering/ Social Management
Experience (no. of years &kind):
5-7 Years of experience and having worked on large projects with an in depth demonstrated understanding of skill development in agriculture.
Ex Army Personnel having an Agriculture/ Veterinary/ Dairy related degree can also apply,
1.Salary: Salary 9 lacs plus Medical plus Gratuity.
2. For first 2 months both the managers would have to operate out of ASCI- Head Office
3.Submit Your updated CV on or before 15th July 2021. Please mark your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org