Reference #: 48/06/2021/JA/SuATI/Bhopal
Project: Support of Agroecological transformation processes in India (SuATI)
Position: Junior Advisor
Band : 3
Location : Bhopal
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• a maximum of 2 pager note on any one of the topics given below:
How will agro-ecological farming practices support small and marginal farmers in achieving sustained and resilient agriculture in a 2-3-year time span in Madhya Pradesh.
What are the solutions the project should focus on to overcome the key challenges for agroecological transformations in Madhya Pradesh.
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background
The technical cooperation project “Support to agroecological transformation processes in India (SuATI)”, funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH”, supports agroecological transformation processes in close coordination with the national partner, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare (MoAFW), and the corresponding federal partners of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Assam. The project is part of the Environment, Climate Change and NRM Cluster of GIZ India.
The key action areas of the project are to support the transformative process of Indian agriculture towards more agroecologically driven approaches, results and policies:
State level :
• Facilitate inclusion of Agroecological (AE) approaches in agriculture policies
• Strengthen successful agriculture models of producer groups
• Encourage public and private procurement from AE producers
• Raising consumer awareness for safe & local food
• Policy dialogue for uptake of AE principles
• Inform policy on evidences of AE benefits
• Technically support MoA&FW in integrating AE principles into key programs
Knowledge System level :
• Engage with stakeholders for assimilation, dissemination of AE practices.
• Strengthen capacities of institutions to deliver AE skills for research and extension.
• Strengthen research and knowledge networks on AE and sustainable agriculture.
The Junior Advisor will work closely with State Coordinator and the Senior Team Leader of SuATI Project and is responsible to:
• Support coordination with project partners at state level.
• Liaise and support project advisor in steering the implementation of the project activities.
• Coordinate and provide support in managing the field operations of the project in close cooperation with implementing partners/consultants/ agencies and team members.
• Assist in preparation of documentation and dissemination of project outcomes to implementing and cooperating partners.
• Carry out specific tasks which are required for planning the implementation of project.
• Contribute to the development of conceptual inputs required by the project from time to time.
• Contribute to the identification and development of various knowledge products and support coordination of knowledge management platforms.
• Support in maintaining a good flow of communication and information between implementing/cooperating partners and project.
D. Core scope of Tasks:
• Assist in preparation, implementation, and monitoring of project activities/ technical dialogues etc., in close cooperation with implementing partner organisations at the state level and project team.
• Undertake groundwork, conduct background research, and prepare notes/documents that are required for designing implementing strategy and planning the activities.
• Support the programme team for planning and managing international, regional, and local short-term experts (assist in the preparation of ToRs, timely reporting etc).
• Support project team in identifying consultants/agencies and appraisers during the implementation of the project.
• Assist in the documentation of the various activities of the project.
• Assist in planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars, and other project activities with a clear focus on technical aspects.
• Develop and maintain contact with all important stakeholders.
• Support in preparation of notes, letters, and other documents for communication with partners and stakeholders.
• Collect, process and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
• Assist in project related PR and communications tasks.
• Assistance to the Project advisor and Team Leader in the overall implementation of the project activities.
• Any other task as may be assigned from time to time as per the project/ GIZ requirements.
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, Agribusiness Management, Natural Resource Management or other related fields.
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the implementation and management of natural, organic, conservation or permaculture agriculture projects with government, civil society or private sector.
F. Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
G. Duration of the contract: One year with possibility of extension until 2025
H. Last date of receiving application: 9th July 2021
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.