Reference # : 50/06/2021/Advisor/SuATI/Bangalore
Project: Support of Agroecological transformation processes in India (SuATI)
Band : 4
Location : Bangalore
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to email@example.com with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• a maximum of 2 pager note on any one of the topics given below:
Briefly explain the systemic perspective (at policy and implementation level) that should be adopted at state level to promote Agroecological farming system for small and marginal farm holders in India.
Highlight the advantages and challenges of existing agriculture system adopted by farmers in India and how can these advantages and challenge be viewed as opportunities to strategize the promotion of agroecological farming practices.
A. About GIZ India
For details, click on: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/368.html
B. Project Background:
The technical cooperation project “Support to agroecological transformation processes in India (SuATI)”, funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH”, supports agroecological transformation processes in close coordination with the national partner, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare (MoAFW), and the corresponding federal partners of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Assam. The project is part of the Environment, Climate Change and NRM Cluster of GIZ India.
The key action areas of the project are to support the transformative process of Indian agriculture towards more agroecologically driven approaches, results and policies:
State level :
• Facilitate inclusion of Agroecological (AE) approaches in agriculture policies
• Strengthen successful agriculture models of producer groups
• Encourage public and private procurement from AE producers
• Raising consumer awareness for safe & local food.
• Policy dialogue for uptake of AE principles
• Inform policy on evidences of AE benefits
• Technically support MoA&FW in integrating AE principles into key programs.
Knowledge System level :
• Engage with stakeholders for assimilation, dissemination of AE practices
• Strengthen capacities of institutions to deliver AE skills for research and extension
• Strengthen research and knowledge networks on AE and sustainable agriculture.
• Support Team Leader in coordinating the tasks with project partners at state level.
• Provide support in steering the implementation of the project to achieve project goals and outcomes in all the three action areas.
• Manage the field operations of the project in close cooperation with implementing partners, consultants, agencies and team members.
• Support the dissemination of project outcomes to implementing and cooperating partners.
• Support in organising technical dialogues and statuary consultations with government and other cooperating partners.
• Support the project team in developing various knowledge products and actively support knowledge management platform.
D. Core scope of Tasks:
• Support the SuATI team members across the other project states and senior team leader in developing project implementation strategy.
• Support the teams in preparing and operationalising the annual operation plan.
• Support in monitoring the implementation of project activities and review the contribution of activities to project outputs and outcome.
• Support in preparing inputs for technical dialogues and policy discussions with government partners from time to time.
• Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports quarterly as per Result Based Monitoring framework of GIZ.
• Support in preparing terms of references for consultants/agencies hired for providing technical services to the project, conducting action research, and various national and international mission/s, their schedule etc, as and when required.
• Assist in monitoring the tasks of local/national and international short-term experts,
• Support team leader in preparing concept notes/ and conduct workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity.
• Explore cooperation and draw implementation strategies with other GIZ projects in agriculture/horticulture and natural resource management (NRM).
• Provide updates about the policy and programmes in agriculture/horticulture sector both at national and state level.
• Establish and maintain networking with partners, relevant organisations, non-governmental institutions, and other stakeholders.
• Represent the project in workshops and seminars and contribute to the discussions.
• Document best practices and lessons learnt and contribute towards refining the implementation strategy of the project.
• Ensure knowledge exchange within the NRM cluster of GIZ.
• Draw up status reports and presentations.
• Provide relevant and timely inputs to the annual reports to be submitted to the BMZ.
• Assist in commissioning research activities and studies on political issues that benefit joint programmes with government institutions and departments.
• Contribute to the design and development of PR material.
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, Agribusiness Management, Natural Resource Management or other related fields.
• At least 5 to 7 years of experience in the implementation and management of natural, organic, conservation or permaculture agriculture projects.
• At least 3 years of experience in capacity building of producer groups & Farmer Producer Companies.
F. Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
G. Duration of the contract: One year with possibility of extension until 2025
H. Last date of receiving application: 9th July 2021
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.