About the Recruitment Partner- SPC
SPC Management (SPC) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified independent, specialized consulting company registered under Companies Act 1956. SPC has established itself as a professional management support organization for Indian Development sector for last 16 years. SPC’s range of service offering includes Large Recruitment services, Outsourcing Services in HR, Finance, and Logistic Management. SPC is also a specialized firm for Recruitment and General Management consulting for different organizations. SPC has been providing technical assistance in HR and Financial Management to the programs supported by UN Organizations, PSUs, Autonomous and Government Institutions, Corporate and International organizations in different states of India.
Position Name: District Project Consultant
Organization: Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal (MAVIM)
Job Location: MAVIM Districts office
Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal (MAVIM)):
Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal (MAVIM) is the State Women’s Development Corporation of Government of Maharashtra, established on the 24th February,1975 on the occasion of International Women’s year. MAVIM has been declared as a Nodal agency by Government of Maharashtra on 20th January 2003 to implement various women empowerment program through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
Mission of MAVIM
The mission of the corporation are “To bring about gender justice and equality for women, investing in human capital and the capacity building of women, thus making them economically and socially empowered and enabling them to access sustainable livelihoods.” The main objectives of MAVIM are to:
• Organization women through Self Help Groups
• Build the overall capacities of women
• Enhance self confidence amongst women
• Entrepreneurial development of women
• Synchronize employment opportunities & market linkages
• Promote women’s initiative for equal opportunities, prosperity & participation in governance.
• Build grassroots institutions over SHGs as a way forward to sustainable development.
About the project:
The project will be implemented by MAVIM through its existing Community Managed Resource Centres (CMRCs), Self-help Groups (SHGs) as well as future partner organizations.
Nav Tejaswini will support about one million SHG members – who are mostly marginal and small farmers and micro-entrepreneurs – to transform their farm and non-farm livelihoods into commercially viable micro and small enterprises, through linkages with market and access to technical and financial service providers. The project will identify and prioritize markets that can support expansion of women enterprises (such as preferential Government procurement from MSMEs and women enterprises, e-commerce platforms), and integration of enterprises in value-chain, while at the same time selecting commodities that bring nutritional benefits for both producers and consumers and work for gender equality and women empowerment. At the same time, to ensure management of lifecycle risks, project would invest in improved nutrition and health at HH level, to reduce health shocks that may destabilize the economy of the HH and its ability to invest in productive assets.
PROJECT OBJECTIVE AND COMPONENTS
• The Project Goal is to enable one million rural poor to overcome poverty.
• The Project Objective is to improve capacity of rural women to diversify into sustainable enterprises or engage in decent and remunerative employment through enhanced market linkages.
The project has three complementary components as follows:
Component 1 – Market-Driven Enterprise Development: Nav Tejaswini will enable 765,400 farm and non/off farm producers and businesses (565,400 under organized value chains and 200,000 standalone enterprises) in identified clusters to increase sales and profit through a combination of interventions in marketing, product development and quality improvement, productivity enhancement, and sustainable business relationships with other businesses. It will facilitate new and expanding enterprises to strengthen their linkages with the agri/non agri businesses and other value-chain actors. Besides, standalone businesses in both farm and no-farm sectors will receive business development services to expand business and increase profit. This component comprises four (4) sub-components: 1.1 Farm sector enterprise development; 1.2 Non/off farm sector enterprise development; 1.3 Capacity development of CMRCs; and 1.4 Supporting innovation.
Component 2 – Enabling Support Services: Nav Tejaswini will also focus on providing an enabling environment at the enterprise levels as well as at household levels, to optimise SHG member HHs participation in the enterprise development process. All members of SHG (approximately 800,000 as of June 2019 and will reach to one million during the project period) will participate various activities, especially in microfinance through SHG-Bank Linkage program and campaign for nutritional improvement and gender equality. Special assistance for ultra-poor has been devised as well. The component has four (4) main subcomponents: 2.1 Facilitating financial linkages; 2.2 Evolving new pathways for ultra-poor households; 2.3 Enhancing nutritional status and gender relations at HH and community levels; and 2.4 Policy engagements.
Component 3 – Institutional Strengthening and Project Management: Nav Tejaswini aspires to strengthen MAVIM and its CMRCs. MAVIM is expected to play the following roles: a) promoter of enterprise development; b) centre of excellence in areas of SHG approach to community development; c) capacity builder for grassroots institutions; and d) implementer of various government schemes for its beneficiaries. This component has two subcomponents: 3.1 Institutional Strengthening of MAVIM; and 3.2 Project Management.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
• Post graduate degree in business administration/ any stream/ Diploma in marketing/agricultural economics/agri-business/ veterinary science from recognized university with Minimum 4-year work experience in private sector, NGO-MFI, or rural development type projects. 3 years’ experience in value chain implementation project. Excellent command over computer is must.
• Post graduate degree in marketing/agricultural economics/agri-business/ veterinary science with Minimum 3-year work experience in private sector, NGO-MFI, or rural development type projects. 2 years’ experience in value chain implementation project. Excellent command over computer is must
• Proficiency in English & Marathi language (both written & spoken)
• Identify opportunities for value chain development (farm/non-farm) in the district, support for standalone businesses as well as skill development in the district.
• Assist MAVIM HO and CMRCs to design value chain projects
• Monitor VC projects in the district. Undertake corrective actions with approval from Manager (VCD) and in coordination with RC and DCO.
• Prepare progress reports and report to RC and DCO.
• Coordinate with all private sector partners of VCs in the district
Remuneration (Rs.) 41,500/- Per Month
Job Location: MAVIM Districts office
Total No. of Position: 34
Type of post: Consultant (full time)
How to Apply:
If you have the skills and necessary experience and are interested in this role send your latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning or highlighting your achievements.
Please apply online using the following link.
(In case the link doesn’t open, please copy and paste the link in your web browser)
Closing Date of Application: Please apply by or before July 9, 2021. Applications received after the close date will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for personal interview.
The honorarium mentioned will depend upon experience and merit of the candidate and final decision will be with MAVIM management.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
For any Queries related to the application kindly mail at firstname.lastname@example.org