Aga Khan Rural Support Programme(India)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government organization. AKRSP (I) was established in Gujarat in 1984 and it seeks to contribute to rural poverty reduction through community involvement and empowerment that leads to the efficient management and improved productivity of natural resources.
Position: Manager (Livestock Management)
Location: Ahmedabad with substantial travel to field areas in MP and Gujarat
Education: Post-Graduate/Graduate in Veterinary Sciences/ Management/Animal Husbandry related fields. Candidates with additional degree in management will be preferred.
Experience: More than 4 years of experience of working in Animal nutrition or disease management or climate change with focus on small and marginal farmers.
Skills and competencies required to meet the job requirement:
• Having Knowledge of animal husbandry and basic veterinary sciences
• Institution building of smallholder livestock rearers.
• Practical and theoretical knowledge on climate change issues in livestock sectors and related mitigation mechanism is strongly desirable.
• Community managed livestock development with particular focus on feed improvement in dairy animals for reduced carbon emissions.
• Good training skills
• Willing to travel extensively as position requires travelling to remote areas.
• Good communication skills
• Good in Reporting, Monitoring, and evaluation
• Good Government Liaison Skills
• Managing the livestock development portfolio of an ambitious climate change mitigation project with major focus on dairy animals
• Supporting and monitoring field activities on ration balancing.
• Coordinating between field units and NDDB and other milk unions
• Networking and liaison with academic, technical and government departments related to livestock development.
• Providing technical inputs to field teams and community for better feed and disease management in livestock in rural areas
• Creating institutional base for community managed livestock development programme
• Providing inputs for developing preventive healthcare services for livestock in rural areas
• Bringing in innovations and new technologies which can benefit marginal farmers involved in livestock rearing along with decreased carbon emission from livestock animals.
• Resource mobilization for the livestock programme across all states
Interested candidates are requested to apply through our organization website http://www.akrspindia.org.in/career_careerpage .