NATURE-POSITIVE FARMING & WHOLESOME FOODS FO UNDATION (N+3F)
Flat No. 7143, Sobha Forest View, 100 feet Road, KP Road 14 , Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560062
Job opening- 1 position
Position: Program Leader – Sustainable Production
About the Organization
N+3F is a non-profit organisation with a mandate to catalyse scaling up nature-positive farming and wholesome food systems (N+FFS) across India to meet the fundamental human right to healthy foods, while operating within planetary boundaries. N+FFS espouses an integrated value chain approach to work closely with the organisations of smallholder farmers, food processors and other value chain actors in a region/territory to develop organised markets to deliver pesticide-free wholesome foods to a large number of people.
Brief About the Position
Program Leader for Sustainable Production will lead the wider adoption of context specific, biodiversity based nature-positive farming systems (N+FS) across India, through active engagement with Farmers Organisations (FOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other relevant agencies. S/he will work closely with the team members in each region. This position requires frequent travel within the country for on-site technical support, project monitoring and programme development.
Length of employment: Full time 3-year contract, with the option to extend.
1. Develop/compile resources on N+FS in easy-to-use formats (E.g., manuals, short films, booklets, etc.) and their wider dissemination.
2. Identify training needs and organise capacity building events on N+FS and the related extension methods like Farmer Field Schools to large number of agencies.
3. Organise and work with a panel of experts, resource organisations and service providers to offer need-based support to partner organisations.
4. Build a cadre of staff at the partner organisation level with necessary competencies on implementing N+FS and the related Standards and Guarantee Systems.
5. Offer handholding support to the partner organisations to evolve and establish robust context-specific N+FS at a viable and cost-efficient scale, building on the indigenous knowledge systems, especially that of women farmers.
6. Engage with large number of stakeholders engaged in N+FS and offer technical support based on demand.
7. Undertake need-based research to address the constraints faced by farmers and other stakeholders to advance context-specific N+FS.
8. Monitor progress, document and synthesize the learnings, and bring out publications.
9. Any other responsibility assigned by the management as per the requirement of the organization.
1. Strong competency on agroecological agricultural interventions, both at the theoretical and practical levels.
2. Thorough understanding of facilitating adoption of ecofriendly agriculture interventions by farmers and systematic scaling up of adoption.
3. Ability to engage with a large variety of stakeholders like FOs, NGOs, agricultural research institutions, KVKs, labs and experts.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-Graduation or Ph.D. in Agriculture, Horticulture OR any other qualification relevant to the position from a reputed institution.
• Minimum 7-10 years of work experience in conceptualizing and direct implementation of any kind of agroecological agricultural interventions with FOs/CSOs.
• Previous experience of organizing training on agriculture technologies, undertaking on-farm research and offering technical support to practicing organisations.
Other Qualifications Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations, reports and articles.
• Passion for the cause of ‘ensuring safe and wholesome foods to all’
• Proactive, self-driven, while at the same time being a good team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of delivering products and programs from scratch.
• Interested to work with rural communities, people from varying backgrounds, demographic characteristics and educational levels.
The position will be based out of Bengaluru. The salary shall be commensurable with experience and industry standards. N+3F is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including contacts of two references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Title: Program Leader – Sustainable Production
Start Date: As soon as possible
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.