NATURE-POSITIVE FARMING & WHOLESOME FOODS FO UNDATION (N+3F)
Position: Program Leader for Value Chain Development
About the Organization
N+3F is a non-profit organisation with a mandate to catalyse scaling up nature-positive farming and wholesome food systems (N+FFS) across India to meet the fundamental human right to healthy foods, while operating within planetary boundaries. N+FFS espouses an integrated value chain approach to work closely with the organisations of smallholder farmers, food processors and other value chain actors in a region/territory to develop organised markets to deliver pesticide-free wholesome foods to a large number of people.
Brief About the Position :
Program Leader for Value Chain Development for N+FFS will lead the mandate of strengthening and developing regional/territorial value chains for pesticide-free wholesome foods for realization of better prices by the farmers and for increasing their availability at an affordable price range to consumers, through active engagement with Farmers Organisations (FOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), eCommerce platforms and other relevant agencies. S/he will work closely with the team members in each region. This position requires frequent travel within the country for on-site handholding, project monitoring and programme development.
Length of employment: Full time 3-year contract, with the option to extend.
1. Develop/compile resources on post-harvest value chain practices, with the focus on small scale operators, in easy-to-use formats & their wider dissemination.
2. Organise capacity building events on post-production value chain interventions including aggregation, storage, processing, packaging, handling, traceability and marketing.
3. Organise and work with a panel of experts and resource organisations to offer need-based support to partner organisations.
4. Offer need-based support to FOs and CSOs on i) FPO formation, ii) Study of value chains, iii) Business plan and bankable project preparation, and iv) Accessing credit.
5. Develop SOPs for business operations to be taken up by the FOs and CSOs including procurement, logistics, storage, financial management, value addition and marketing/trading.
6. Offer on-site technical support to FOs and CSOs to move up the value chain through engaging in aggregation, storage, processing and marketing interventions.
7. Support MSMEs engaged in N+FFS for business development and building market linkages.
8. Facilitate linkage of FOs/CSOs with buyers and e-commerce platforms within and outside the region, organising producers and buyers meet and other activities to develop local/regional markets for pesticide-free foods.
9. Undertake market research on pesticide-free wholesome food products and other research to address the specific constraints faced by FOs, CSOs and MSMEs in the N+FFS value chains.
10. Monitor progress, document and synthesize the learnings, and bring out publications.
11. Any other responsibility assigned by the management as per the requirement of the organization.
1. Strong competency on post-production agriculture value chain development and agribusiness, both at the theoretical and practical levels.
2. Thorough understanding of the policy environment for promotion of FPOs and MSMEs.
3. Business operations management skills like business plan preparation, positioning of the product, etc.
4. Build partnerships with a large variety of stakeholders like processors, retailers, traders, input suppliers, government officials, administrative officials to create value for farmers.
Qualifications and Experience :
• Post-Graduation in Agri-Business Management, Rural Business Management, Agricultural Marketing, Agricultural Engineering OR any other qualification relevant to the position.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in implementation of agro-processing or agri-business or agriculture value chain development projects with the involvement of FOs. Experience of working on organic value chains will be an advantage.
• Experience of organizing training, value chain analysis, market research and product promotion campaigns.
Other Qualifications Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations, reports and articles.
• Passion for the cause of ‘ensuring safe and wholesome foods to all’
• Proactive, willing to go the extra mile, self-driven, while at the same time being a good team player, excellent interpersonal skills and with a track record of delivering products and programs from scratch.
• Interested to work with rural communities and urban poor, people from varying backgrounds, demographic characteristics and educational levels.
The position will be based out of Bengaluru. The salary shall be commensurable with experience and industry standards. N+3F is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including contacts of two references, to email@example.com
Subject Title: Program Leader for Value Chain Development
Start Date: As soon as possible
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.