NATURE-POSITIVE FARMING & WHOLESOME FOODS FO UNDATION (N+3F)
Flat No. 7143, Sobha Forest View, 100 feet Road, KP Road 14 , Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560062
Job opening- 3 positions
Position: Regional Coordinator
About the Organization:
N+3F is a non-profit organisation with a mandate to catalyse scaling up nature-positive farming and wholesome food systems (N+FFS) across India to meet the fundamental human right to healthy foods, while operating within planetary boundaries. N+FFS espouses an integrated value chain approach to work closely with the organisations of smallholder farmers, food processors and other value chain actors in a region/territory to develop organised markets to deliver pesticide-free wholesome foods to a large number of people.
Brief About the Position :
Regional Coordinator will lead the interventions of N+3F in one of the regions. S/he is responsible to scale up the adoption of N+FFS in that region to reach 40000 to 50000 farmers and large number of consumers, through active engagement with Farmers Organisations (FOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and other value chain actors. S/he will work closely with the thematic anchors for offering technical support to the partners on production enhancement, value chain development and consumption promotion. This position requires frequent travel in the region for handholding, monitoring and programme development.
Length of employment: Full time 3-year contract, with the option to extend.
1. Identify suitable FOs and CSOs in the region engaged or interested to engage in N+FFS and establish vibrant partnership.
2. Offer in-person support to FOs and NGOs to evolve robust context-specific N+FFS, building on the salient agro-ecological elements of the indigenous farming practices.
3. Build a cadre of staff at the FOs and NGOs level with necessary attitude, skills and knowledge on implementing N+FFS and the related Standards and Guarantee Systems.
4. Understand the specific needs of FOs and NGOs and offer timely support to plan and execute yearly and seasonal interventions.
5. Help FOs and NGOs move up the agricultural value chain by improving their aggregation, storage, processing and marketing capabilities.
6. Aid the FOs and NGOs to expand the N+FFS interventions to reach a viable and cost-effective scale and to advance their operations for higher impact.
7. Identify MSMEs interested in processing and marketing of pesticide-free agricultural products in the region and support them in their business development.
8. Ensure adoption of N+FFS Standards and Guarantee Systems by the FOs, CSOs, MSMEs and other value chain actors in the region, leading to getting certified by a relevant agency.
9. Facilitate cross learning, collective learning and linkages among the partners.
10. Facilitate linkage of partners with the agricultural universities, research stations, KVK, incubation centres, banking institutions and other service providers.
11. Facilitate business linkages between producers (FOs/CSOs) and processors, buyers, e-commerce platforms and other market actors within and outside the region.
12. Undertake need-based research to address the constraints faced by farmers and other stakeholders and to advance context specific N+FFS.
13. Monitor progress, document learnings and generate quarterly reports to track the progress.
14. Any other responsibility assigned by the management as per the organisational requirement.
1. Strong competency on implementation of agricultural interventions on a scale with the involvement of many stakeholders
2. A good understanding of agroecological agricultural interventions and their large-scale adoption by farmers, both at the theoretical and practical levels.
3. Ability to engage with a large variety of stakeholders like FOs, NGOs, agricultural research institutions, KVKs, banking institutions, government support institutions and market actors.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate/Post-Graduate in Agriculture, Horticulture OR any other qualification relevant to the position from a reputed institute.
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in conceptualizing and implementation of large-scale agricultural interventions with FOs or CSOs.
• Previous experience of organizing training on agriculture technologies and offering handholding support to FOs and CSOs.
Other Qualifications Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations, reports and articles.
• Passion for the cause of ‘ensuring safe and wholesome foods to all’
• Proactive, self-driven, while at the same time being a good team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of delivering products and programs from scratch.
• Interested to work with rural communities, people from varying backgrounds, demographic characteristics and educational levels.
The candidates will be placed in a city in Eastern India/Central India/Southern India. The salary shall be commensurable with experience and industry standards. N+3F is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including contacts of two references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Title: ‘Regional Coordinator’
Start Date: As soon as possible
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.